If there is one thing in this world that demands update after update in order to stay strong and upright, it is the internet. The buzzword it actually follows is ‘keep up’, which it passes on to each and every website it discovers in the pipeline, that is, the search engines. Unless a website is upgraded on a regular basis, it just cannot expect to crawl up the zenith and hoist the flag. So, a website owner has to keep adding something or the other to keep his website moving with flying colors, or otherwise, it will simply get lost among the poor ones. Therefore, the more readable a website is, the better it is in terms of progress and the higher the search results.
In reality, there is nothing to worry because SEO experts are now here as saviors of website owners. A good number of them has even come up with predictions in regard to SEO strategies and techniques that are going to work wonders in 2017. So, if you are really willing to see your website gradually soaring high in rank, here are some great strategies that would popularize your website and make your target audience know about your products and services. Take a look:
- Mobile devices are and will be the trend – You are no more living in the 20th century when desktops used to be the talk of the town. Just think of the future and you will know why you won’t be able to survive with desktops. Think of smartphones and the apps that are making news every now and then. Just imagine the huge percentage of people among the vast population who are solely dependent on mobile phones. In short, your website has to be seen clearly on a smartphone, it must be absolutely readable, word by word, and image by image. So, make sure that your website is mobile-friendly, or otherwise, you are going to lose a big, big and really big percentage of viewers. So, stay away a bit from laptops and desktops and think of being mobile for a change. You are sure to shine.
- Voices make a difference – It’s been long that typewriters had gone into hibernation. In fact, a time will come when keyboards will bid farewell and the concept of typing will take a backseat. Technology has undergone a drastic change in these years because people have started talking to Google in expectation of search results relating to their queries. Well, iPhones have made advancements in terms of voice search while the Android mobile devices have almost matched up to this technology. With time, voice search is surely going to be the trend. Just think why would someone holding a cup of coffee will take the pain to type on a keyboard? Instead, if you can place a recording button on your website for a voice request, people will find it more convenient and show interest, isn’t it?
- Speed up your website – You choose a web browser, type the keyword, press enter and the search results appear. You click on the initial links and then the wheel rotates and rotates. Finally, after giving a few frowns, you get an opportunity to find your website opening. So, how was your experience? Well, don’t let it happen to your website that might get a similar treatment. Try to make your website open faster instead of taking its own sweet time. A secret is to get the loose links eliminated that actually holds down the loading time. There might also be a lot of useless data on your site that must be removed at any cost. Once these are done, your website is bound to speed up.
- No trash content please – This is something about which Google is very strict. A website gets life on being upgraded with more and more quality content. This is, in fact, a big reason for drawing traffic to your website. Today’s visitors are in need of more informative content; something that will make them knowledgeable; something that will help them grow their business, and of course something that will help them make more money. So, talk to an experienced content writer who has the capability to produce quality write-ups for your website. Try to make him write attractive blogs that will make your audience read them with pleasure.
- Look smart on social media – Big social media platforms are places where you can make your website popular. Just imagine the number of views and tweets against a popular video or an image. So, make your website so interesting and colorful that it can catch the attention of social media viewers at an instant. Try posting them on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram and you might find your post getting huge attention. So, giving your website a strong presence on social media will indeed be an achievement.
- Long keywords are in trend – As per the current trend, long tail keywords or phrases are fetching good results to websites. So, whatever is your product, make sure that the keywords draw a strong relation to your product or service. Although long keywords tend to draw less traffic, the conversion rate would be higher. Therefore, it would be wiser to keep your keyword as specific as possible. Believe it or not, your competition will certainly be lesser.
- Stress on Yahoo and Bing apart from Google – A lot of people are under the misconception that Google is the internet for oxygen. Well, everything in the world does not lead to this only search engine. A lot of users still prefer using Bing and Yahoo. So, a wise strategy would be to consider these search engines as default browsers and work accordingly at times. This would certainly help your website get optimized on multiple search engines.
Now, follow these tricks for your website that would certainly take a new look this year. Good luck!!