Our team works with many local businesses, from companies that have a single location to those that have locations all over the world. An obvious pattern has shown us that many local companies are not aware of the significance of having a local landing page that performs well in search engines. A quality landing page that is full of SEO optimized keywords will draw in local foot traffic to increase overall sales. Any landing page should make people want to patronize the business in question, but unfortunately, this is not how it plays out for many businesses that do not have optimized web presences.
With regard to having many locations, it solidifies the greater need for optimized websites to bring in that extra traffic. Properly engaged search engine optimization is the key ingredient for bringing in customers to the actual location and providing them with a range in services.
This area is where a lot of companies fall short. They do not provide optimized content, leading to lackluster sales. Fortunately, creating a landing page that is built upon a solid SEO foundation is the first step to helping local businesses get visitors that eventually turn into sales. Having a landing page that is perfectly optimized for search engines encourages more visitors to the business and equates to increased revenue.
In this post, we will provide local businesses with the best footing to dominate their local area in their given niches. To create the perfectly optimized local landing page, we must understand lead generation and local search engine optimization techniques.
Search Engine Optimization and Local Ranking Factors
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the act of fine-tuning web content to an audience who utilizes search engines to help with purchase decisions. Local SEO ranking factors along with landing page conventions work in synergy to provide a quality user experience for visitors that generates leads and revenue. We wish to create pages that are perfectly optimized for the business in its local incarnation while helping end users achieve their specific goals. Perfectly optimized websites are functional and have all of the SEO ranking signals necessary to create leads and get customers in the door.
Local SEO Ranking Factors
In order to properly optimize pages for local businesses, there are several ranking factors that are crucial to creating this experience for customers:
- Landing page titles – Landing page titles that contain the city and state of the business.
- Keyword relevance in domain names – Domains that have the business’ keywords included are likelier to generate traffic to the local business. While this may prove to be difficult in some cases, it is useful for bringing in clients. In addition, interlinking between different locations using specific Location pages on the website will provide increased credibility overall. Providing clear links to all company locations will increase the ranking for each website linked.
- Inbound links – Inbound links to the landing page must be ones that are good quality and have authority in the company’s niche market. Quality links are something that search engines look at in determining authorities in different niches.
- Product keywords – In the landing page title, include the product or service’s keywords to show the search engines the topics that should be considered for ranking.
- Landing page authority – Each page on the website will inherit a certain level of authority from the website as a whole. It helps to build quality links to the landing page and use content on the landing page that is useful, informative, and/or interesting to potential visitors.
- Use H1 and H2 tags – Create H1 and H2 tags that contain the city and state of which the local business wants to rank in the search engines. To increase relevancy, businesses can also use descriptions of the company’s function in the landing page’s header tags.
- HTML NAP information – NAP information is the name, address, and phone number for each location of the business. This information can be placed in footers and sidebars to get the search engines to trust the website as a whole.
- Landing page load time – Use YSlow or PageSpeed Insights to determine the website’s speed. Page speed is a ranking signal in Google’s algorithm to rank web pages. If the company’s website loads slowly, it is best to assume that potential clients will exit to a website that loads faster. Ensuring that the website loads fast is beneficial to a positive user experience, which is something of which search engines place a lot of value.
- Marking up the NAP in Schema – In a Schema creator, properly marking up NAP information will help increase visibility in Google.
- Geographic keyword relevance – Using all of the business’ locations in the domain’s content can only work to increase the company’s overall relevance with the search engines. Create pages on the website that link to service pages in geographically adjacent locations to ensure the greatest amount of optimization for all linked pages.
The Perfect Landing Page
Having the perfectly optimized landing page is largely dependent on the product or service being offered. Optimizing websites wrings every last possible drop of performance from the page, while providing a quality end user experience. While there might not be a definite way to create the ultimate perfection in landing pages, there are ways to learn from tried and true methods.
- Ad Copy – Creating ad copy that is location specific will increase users’ ability to find the page in order to buy the product or service. Many businesses will insert relevant keywords into the ad copy to increase conversion rates. In local SEO, narrowing keywords with regard to the location is the primary key to converting visitors into leads and sales.
- Page headlines – In page headlines for the business, this is the place where the company can sell customers on using their services over those of other nearby companies. Engaging the user early on will build confidence in the brand and let visitors know why they should select your business over others.
- Product features – Here is where companies can go into detail about every last detail surrounding the product or service offered. Think about how users search and use those keywords to alert search engine users to your product or service. Use a lot of detail and cover all of the bases.
- Benefits of the product – In the website’s content, illustrate all of the benefits to the customers being targeted. It is a tried and true method in converting leads to sales as it tells potential customers exactly what your product or service can do for them.
- Use a map of the business’ location – Using a map lets potential customers know where you are. This is handy in all cases, but especially so in the cases of businesses that don’t display their NAP information. Quality maps can provide step by step directions that will lead customers right to your doorstep.
- Call to action – A strong call to action tells customers exactly what you want them to do when they leave the website. This area can be used to dictate that potential clients can use whatever means necessary to reach out to your business.
- Testimonials – Through the use of testimonials, you can lead others in your target market to using your product or service. This proves that your business is capable of doing everything it says it can.
- Use your team – When walking into a local business, you are most likely to deal with a person face to face. When using websites, this is not the case. However, utilizing your team members’ names and faces on the business’ website will make it more personable for end users overall. It adds a humanistic approach to the business and lets people know who they will be dealing with once they approach the brick and mortar location.
Overall, optimizing landing pages for local business is a crucial step in improving the business’ presence in search engines. In doing so, you will create an overall package that welcomes customers to the website and the business’ local presence.