Content marketing has been around for some time now and it is still very relevant even going into 2018. Content marketing has the ability to appeal to your current and potential clients. An effective content marketing strategy will definitely put you ahead of your competition.
What is Content Marketing?
Content marketing refers to the production of promotional material like blog posts, videos, emails, and infographics. When done well, content marketing provides critical information to your followers in an engaging way.
Why is content marketing important?
Content marketing is important for a number of reasons. It has an edge over other types of promotion like paid ads. One study found out that over 80% of customers prefer to learn about a product through blog posts rather than through adverts.
This shows that content marketing is very crucial in lead generation. Content marketing is also important in the following ways:
- Content Marketing allows your company to be seen as a leader in your industry.
- As you create content that deals with pertinent issues in your field you will get to be seen as an expert by your readers. For example, if you run a pool construction and maintenance business you can write posts on how people can take care of their pools or on the factors considered when one wants to build a pool.
- This will be a good way to show your knowledge
- Content Marketing Allows you to build relationships with your customers
- Creating valuable content allows you to build warm relationships with your customers will get to see you as a source of reliable, useful information.
- Content Marketing allows you to turn cold prospects into ready to buy customers. Email Marketing is especially suited for this function.
Content Marketing allows you to rank higher in search engine results
When you produce high-quality content, you increase your chances of showing up higher in search results pages. If your website shows up higher in search results, then you have a higher chance of getting new clients when they search for the goods/services you provide. Great content also increases your chances of getting quality backlinks. Content marketing is cheaper than paid adverts and generate high-quality leads
If you produce good quality content, you will rank higher on search engines and get a lot of organic (free) traffic. When you compare this with Pay-Per-Click advertising you will see that content marketing has immense benefits. The leads you get through content marketing tends to be high quality because such users will be genuinely interested in your business and what you offer.
What to consider when setting up your Content Marketing strategy
Different audiences appreciate different types of content. You should develop buyer personas for your audience and create content that is better suited to each segment. You should also note down the goals that your content marketing strategy should address and then create content aimed at achieving those goals. You should also track the responses towards your content in terms of shares, likes, comments, and views. This allows you to focus on your best performing content types to maximize engagement. Your content should also address the questions that your audience has. This is a great way to create value for your audience. You should also customize your content as this makes it more effective. Depending on your industry, you can create seasonal content.
Just remember to keep your content relevant, interesting and simple.